Skip to content
- Local Materials (there’s my stop) A short essay from 2008, on my interest in words and texts, and making art that incorporates them. Originally published in Playing with Words: the spoken word in artistic practice, ed Cathy Lane, CRiSAP/RGAP/Cornerhouse 2008.
- Window (for John Cage) winner of the 2012 New Media Writing Prize, is an online and/or app-based interactive sound essay about listening and everyday experience. Turn up the sound and listen.
- Making Place , composed 2013, is for 1-2 instruments and electronics, and is also available as a fixed video realisation. It’s a poetic exploration of place, and place making, and makes use of live interactive processing of animation, text and audio.
- Island Windrose – This flash-based interactive text-based piece, made in 2006, is a small allegory about life, death, and precarious conditions. Turn up the sound, click start, investigate the island.
- Writings on sound and art Academic writing, research and some other writings that are more on the academic side than the creative side … kind of. Most are about sound, listening, sounding art and music.
- Here and there Here and there (2006) is a small piece of interactive digital writing. For several years I lived on an island. Like the moths, we relied on moon and stars for nocturnal navigation. For a period, life was very different.
- Yes, really written in 2008, reached the finals of the New Media Writing Prize 2010, is an email-based fiction in which the stories of three characters are interwoven, and arrive in your inbox as a series of messages.
- How to play the piano (in 88 notes) , written and recorded for friend and fellow composer, Richard Hoadley to use in an interactive work with pianist Philip Mead.